I'm running Python with:
DrPython 165
wxPython Version: 2.8.7.1
wxPython Platform: wxMSW, unicode, wx-assertions-on, SWIG-1.3.29
Python Version: 2.5.1.final
Python Platform: win32

When I open a *.py file, I get the following error messages (see attached PDF file) in the drpython.pyc window.

How can I get rid of these erros?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I run DrPython165 with Python251 and wxPython28 (using binary wxPython2.8-win32-unicode-2.8.6.0-py25.exe) on a Windows Vista machine and have absolutely no problems.

Not too many people will open an attached pdf file. What is wrong with plain text and posting it with the thread? It can't be that long. This is the Dr Python forum which will likely know more about this.
http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=83074

I downloaded DrPython 165, started setup.py, drpython.pyw and it worked, but than I replaced the folder of DrPython to a different place on the C partition and now I keep getting an error when I start DrPython. I already tried re-downloading and re-unpacking, but it didn't help.

This is the error I get:

Error Changing to Default Directory: "C:/Documents and Settings/Lars/Bureaublad/drpython165/drpython"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\drpython\drpython.py", line 334, in __init__
    os.chdir(self.ddirectory)
<type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>: [Error 2] Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden: 'C:/Documents and Settings/Lars/Bureaublad/drpython165/drpython'

My PC is Windows XP and the language is Dutch.

In the filemanager find the DrPython.pyw file, right click and create a shortcut, then drag the shortcut onto your desktop and start DrPython from there.

I'm running Python with:
DrPython 165
wxPython Version: 2.8.7.1
wxPython Platform: wxMSW, unicode, wx-assertions-on, SWIG-1.3.29
Python Version: 2.5.1.final
Python Platform: win32

When I open a *.py file, I get the following error messages (see attached PDF file) in the drpython.pyc window.

How can I get rid of these erros?

How did you install DrPython?

I simply extracted the zip file into something like C:/Python25/Lib/drpython/ and run drpython.pyw from there via the desktop icon of the shortcut. My wxPython version is 2.8.1.1 and I wonder if there is a bug in your version 2.8.7.1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.