When I try to install webview2 package from nuget I get this output:

Retrieving package 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2 1.0.1418.22' from 'nuget.org'.
Adding package 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2.1.0.1418.22' to folder 'C:\Users\pc\Desktop\VS 2015 projects\dbtest\packages'
Added package 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2.1.0.1418.22' to folder 'C:\Users\pc\Desktop\VS 2015 projects\dbtest\packages'
Install failed. Rolling back...
Package 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2.1.0.1418.22' does not exist in project 'webview2'
Removing package 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2.1.0.1418.22' from folder 'C:\Users\pc\Desktop\VS 2015 projects\dbtest\packages'
Removed package 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2.1.0.1418.22' from folder 'C:\Users\pc\Desktop\VS 2015 projects\dbtest\packages'
Executing nuget actions took 2,42 sec
Failed to add reference to 'Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core'.
DLL-bestand is niet geregistreerd. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))

But it doesn't say why it can't install.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

First, no. I don't use this one but there's a nugget at https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Web.WebView2 "The WebView2 control enables you to embed web technologies (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript) in your native applications powered by Microsoft Edge (Chromium)."

I'd be sure my HTML, WWW and other references all are default to Edge for now. I lost a day chasing something similar with an Outlook add-on.

Also there are about 6 different install methods. I can guess which one you tried.

commented: I installed it via "manage nuget packages" in visual studio, I tried both the latest stable and pre-release versions but to no avail. +0

I looked at the SIX install methods and not one mentioned using the "manage nuget packages" method. Try it per the web site instructions next time.

commented: I downloaded the package from the nuget site but when I install it manually I get the same error. +0

"Install failed" is not an error message. Also, which of the SIX command lines did you try? And did you elevate this install to run as Administrator?

There's too many install failures possible without you or the installer giving up a real error message.

But do read and try what's noted at https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/WebView2Feedback/issues/2030 in case that's it.

commented: I don't know which 6 commands you mean. +0

As far as I can tell there are 3 options:

1. Use the nuget package manager and browse for the webview2 component.
  2. Use the nuget package console with the install-package command.
  3. Download the package from the site, put it in a folder and add the folder path as a package source.
    I tried all three options but that didn't help.

So you need to make a support ticket or bug report.

I can't help you because there is no error message. "Install failed..." is not enough to work with. Out of the 3 options you wrote, only one came close to what the website noted (item 2.)

commented: Yes, it's frustrating the message is vague, but thanks for helping. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.