Hi,
I'm trying to create a little web page but when i try to log in using the username and password i put in MySQL database it doesn't do anything at all.which is when i click login it just goes blank. I don't know why this is. Could you please take a look at my login.php and login_check.php code that i have attached to this mail to see if I did anything wrong or I didn't put something. I'm using php and MySQL. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Since you are using classes in your script, its kinda difficult to make out what it does. (fetch_GET, fetch_POST, authenticator, etc. ). The best way to debug your code would be to print or echo messages to check the flow of your script. You can use print_r($_POST) in login_check.php to see if all the variables are posted properly. You can echo your sql statements( i dont see any!) and execute it to see if it returns a resultset. You can use die function to get mysql error message. And also, check for 'unwanted' exit keyword.

Cheers,
Naveen

hi,
to be honest. I'm a beginner at php and someone actually helped me out with that code (wrote it for me, but the person is unavailable now) . As someone who doesn't really know programming, what do you think i can do with the code for it to work. Is it possible to tell me what to type down in my code.. Any help would be really appreciated. thank you.

hmm.. Since you are a beginner, I dont think you will understand OOPS concepts if you have no idea about it. You can either start learning OOPS concepts like classes, objects, then make your code work OR wait for the one who helped you create this code to make it work OR create a new login page from the scratch.

and if i may add. when i type in the username and password and click on login it. It takes me to localhost/capat/login_check.php and then just produces this

?>

does this help in anyway?

ok may be i'll try and create a new login in page from scratch.thank you for your time

and if i may add. when i type in the username and password and click on login it. It takes me to localhost/capat/login_check.php and then just produces this

?>

does this help in anyway?

?> ? I guess you have php ending tags somewhere in your html. Anyways, All the best..

ok may be i'll try and create a new login in page from scratch.thank you for your time

That would be your best bet. It's particularly hard to help someone that doesn't understand the code at all - so I would always suggest learning the basics before you try and implement someone else's script.

If you're looking for a resource to learn php, check out Practical PHP Programming. It's a great, free book - the same one I used to learn a while back.

Good luck,
- Walkere

thanks a lot walkere, im checking the the link out now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.