Dont laugh... :o
I recently purchased a php nuke template at the template monster and dont know how to upload it properly to my server.
I have all the required bits and pieces running but there instructions are a bit vague

Hi Willie,
To install a PHPNUKE theme you need to do the following steps:
1. Unzip archive you downloaded from Templatemonster.com
2. There are will be a folder named 1234 or something similar. This is the PHPNUKE theme
3. Copy this folder to “/nuke/html/themes where ‘nuke’ is the folder to which PHPNUKE is installed.
That’s all. Select a theme from list of themes (Your Account -> Themes).
If you want to use it as the default theme for your site, move to Administration->Preferences and set Default theme to the theme you bought. Notice that you must be a member of the administrators to change default theme.

I need an idiots guide to understand this?

I have had no problem installing phpbb xoobs and so on...
This however defeats me.. :sad:

Please help if you know anything about these templates and how to upload properly.

Cheers in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

That explains well. What problems are you encountering?

To install a PHPNUKE theme you need to do the following steps:
1. Unzip archive you downloaded from Templatemonster.com
2. There are will be a folder named 1234 or something similar. This is the PHPNUKE theme
3. Copy this folder to “/nuke/html/themes where ‘nuke’ is the folder to which PHPNUKE is installed.
That’s all. Select a theme from list of themes (Your Account -> Themes).
If you want to use it as the default theme for your site, move to Administration->Preferences and set Default theme to the theme you bought. Notice that you must be a member of the administrators to change default theme.

I dont undersdtand this bit.

Do I set up a database?
Where do I find the “/nuke/html/themes Do I set up this folder ‘nuke’ and how?

As I said I really am a greenhorn when it comes to this.

By the way I appreciate the reply.
Thanks.

Copy this folder to “/nuke/html/themes where ‘nuke’ is the folder to which PHPNUKE is installed

Do I set up a database?

If you have already installed phpnuke, you don't have to do it.

Where do I find the “/nuke/html/themes Do I set up this folder ‘nuke’ and how?

Where do you install your phpnuke? "/nuke/html/themes" is just an example.

Copy this folder to “/nuke/html/themes where ‘nuke’ is the folder to which PHPNUKE is installed

Copy/upload the unizpped theme(your new theme) folder to themes folder in your phpnuke.

I think you can get support from templatemonster if you purchased from them can you not? I'm sure they have a detailed tutorial about installing their stuff somewhere :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.