Hi I was just wondering if there was any way to open up an ASPX file in IE? I have tried navigatin to the folder in my file system and selected 'open with' but I get the following:

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/username/Documents/Visual St...

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="blah.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default" %>
-^

Now I know that the syntax is correct because I can launch the page fine from Visual studio. Any ideas?Thank you for your time

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You have to start visual studio first, as it starts your "development server". So until the development server is started, your computer is not ASP.NET ready lol.

Start VS first, then open any way you wish.

I was afraid you would say that lol. Thanks for the reply. Wanted to bypass the 'startup VS' bit you see

is there any way of starting asp.net dev server without starting VS? or even start VS, close VS but maintain the asp.net dev server service?

no clue. never tried. Why are you trying to get around it? Are you not using VS?

I am using VS just wondered if there was a way around it out of curiosity thats all. THanks

You can create virtual directory with application in your IIS.

You can create virtual directory with application in your IIS.

That ain't working either. I'm getting the

"A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://localhost/OneLove/Login.aspx'. Line 1, Pos..."

i'm trying to deploy the Website in a iis 5.1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.