Are C & C++ knowledge required to learn php or a person good at html, css & xml can start learning php directly?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

well i have a basic knowledge of c/c++ but no it is not required, as long as your willing to learn, and have a tinyest bit of html & css knowledge you should have no problems whatsoever

You don't have to have any programming knowledge to learn PHP, people with knowledge of other languages will just learn quicker. A good knowledge of HTML is reccomended but not necesary:)

well i have a basic knowledge of c/c++ but no it is not required, as long as your willing to learn, and have a tinyest bit of html & css knowledge you should have no problems whatsoever

You don't have to have any programming knowledge to learn PHP, people with knowledge of other languages will just learn quicker. A good knowledge of HTML is reccomended but not necesary:)

I am good at html & css because I have learned it professionally & can build webpages with them without using any reference. But I wasn't sure if anyone can learn php without programming knowledge because a friend of mine said one needs programming knowledge to proceed to php learning. Thanks for clearing my doubt. Now I have to find resource to learn php.

php.net is a good start ;) plus if you look at the post below entitled ifelse, the last post has a nice link that will be useful

But I wasn't sure if anyone can learn php without programming knowledge because a friend of mine said one needs programming knowledge to proceed to php learning. Thanks for clearing my doubt.

Well, You should know the basics of any programming language, like, loops, conditions, etc. But php is VERY easy to learn. Anyone can learn it !

yea if nav33n can learn it anyone can (only messing) and if you dont know loops and conditions they are not too hard to pick up

yea if nav33n can learn it anyone can

:P Thats so true! lol..

Here is the link that Auzzie mentioned earlier Practical PHP I have posted it for your convenience. It is a online ebook, free and a really good resource for any PHP programming level:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.