I want to know what is the best practice. I am developing a website. I think that I don't need to make any class for any object in the database. But some people say that I should make classes because this is the best practice for developing a websit, but how am I going to use the classes, if all I am using in the website is data and no need for classes. Everything is working just fine. I don't know where should I use the classes.
If I should I use classes, please tell me how, where and why?
Thanks

the concept of using classes is to interact with your database tables as objects and this of course will be better and easily when need to update certain row or record then you simply update the object and then save it.

this will be of course better than handling this manually also dealing with table as strongly typed objects is better and easy for developing largest projects.

to generate these calsses you have to use a data layer generation tool like CodeSmith

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.