Hello,

How to call a webservice developed in asp.Net to and ASP page.
Im actually trying to display some data which is on other website is there anyother way to do it.(if u have worked with google maps API using the maps in your own website somthing similar to that ).

can somebody please help me out.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Please be more specific. Are you looking just to read the HTML of another website?

Please be more specific. Are you looking just to read the HTML of another website?

No i'm trying to display the data(say customer reviews resides in Database) which is on other server to my website(developed in ASP)

Thank You.

OK, I generally understand what you are trying to do. Unfortunately, what you are looking to do is highly specific and cannot (to the best of my knowledge) be explained in the general sense.

I would suggest contacting the owner of the 2nd site and asing for an API or seeing if the external site has any sort of an API. For instance, Google, MapQuest and others have developed a set of tools to let developers develop custom solutions that use/integrate with their services.

I would suggest contacting the owner of the 2nd site and asing for an API or seeing if the external site has any sort of an API. For instance, Google, MapQuest and others have developed a set of tools to let developers develop custom solutions that use/integrate with their services.

Thanks for ur quick reply, Fourtunately the other site is on my server but but there isnt any API, can u give me an idea how to build API it would really be helpfull.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.