Hi !
This is Me.... I want to start learning ASP.NET. I have done ASP and know the basics. So I just want to share the views of all the other members of this forum so that I actually learn the aforesaid subject very nicely....

Thanks

Rupam
06/may/08

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi! Majestic
Thanks for the reply but the response was bit different from what I actually need...I need to learn ASP.NET before I do learn ASP.net2...

Is it absolutely necessary for you to learn ASP.NET before you learn ASP.NET 2.0, the answer is "No". You can start with ASP.NET 2.0 unless you want to learn ASP.NET - in which case that link I provided will give you a tutorial on ASP.NET also. Here:

http://www.w3schools.com/ASPNET/default.asp

Thanx I refer to the site and get to know a lot...will be doing the same in future also...

That is a very useful site, I would recommend it highly! Please mark this thread as solved if you feel it is !

Not to be negative, but I'm not too enthusiastic about w3schools. The site's fine if your looking to play around with programming and learn the basics but I've found a lot of their tutorials to be a bit out dated. If you're serious about learning ASP.NET (btw, ASP.NET 2.0 is just the current version, not a different technology) then I'd suggest learnvisualstudio.net. If, however, you're just casually exploring this, w3schools is fine.

commented: Good point! +2

Hi there KenK I couldn't agree more with you there! learnvisualstudio.net is a very useful site, and W3Schools is really aimed at beginners (Which is why I suggested it). And yes, some of the information is a little out dated too!

Okie I do want to learn ASP.NET seriously. But I dont exactly know how to do that?

Hi! I've gone thro' the site and it wants money, I mean I've to buy the videos and all....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.