undefinedhi,
I am new to asp and trying to get information from a table and make an array of it using an asp variable and then use it for further processing .
The problem is the my sql query returns data this way
Id

I need to get all these values(which includes all the comma separated .I need to use this information in another sql query which then returns me more info
is this possible?
The next table has more information on this column with which i can eliminate the duplicate and extra values.

Thanks,
arthi

If you collect the result set from your first query into a coma separated string as follows:

then, you can then embed this string in the second query as follows:

select * from your_second_table where id in ( 16,27,95,97,90,89,65,45,44,78,87,93)

The only problem with this is that the second query will fail if you have too many items in the list (Max number depends on your DB). The better solution would be to design the tables so you could join the two tables in a single query. The only problem I see for you is you have a column that has multiple values in it (poor design).

If you provide more details on the layout of the tables and the queries you are running, I might be able to give you more specific advice.

undefinedhi,
I am new to asp and trying to get information from a table and make an array of it using an asp variable and then use it for further processing .
The problem is the my sql query returns data this way
Id

I need to get all these values(which includes all the comma separated .I need to use this information in another sql query which then returns me more info
is this possible?
The next table has more information on this column with which i can eliminate the duplicate and extra values.

Thanks,
arthi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.