hi ,
how to show the pop up window in asp.net web application when ever a new entry is entered. like here wheneven we got private msg it shows u have a new private msg like tat i need the pop up or msg box for particular id. so pls help me to do this

thankyou in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

look into using the ModalPopupExtender from the ajaxtoolkit. It really is great and stops all the cross browser nonsense of manually coding javascript popups. ModalPopup Example

but i dont knw abt ajax..so can u help with out ajan is there any way to create pop up ...
if so let me knw..
thank you once again

Yep, you can try calling a specific function every one minute or so that checks if an entry is made and gives an alert if true.

Hope this is what is required.

ya i have a method to fil the data grid when ever the new entry is entered. so automatically every 1 minute it ll be updated. but wat i need is to show the alert box when ever the new entry is entered in database. like u have one new entry and 2 new entry ...
pls help me to do

ya i have a method to fil the data grid when ever the new entry is entered. so automatically every 1 minute it ll be updated.

Can you tell me how you are doing this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.