I need some help. I am modifying a script that I wrote some time ago that uses JavaScript to calculate a return on investment. The script works pretty well but it sometimes returns values with an infinate number of digits past the decimal. Since this calculator is dealing with money values, I only need two digits past the decimal rounded appropriately. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Larry

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi there!
It would be nice if i can see the code...

Well, after a lot of searching, I found a solution to my problem. I wanted to post it in case it can help someone else. What I did was I had the code get a variable or variables, perform the needed calculations on them and then rounded the result before returning the results to the form. I am only posting part of the code so that it is not confusing.

{code}
totladdprof = rgprofit + wfcyear; //calculating the total additional profit
var totladdprofrnd=Math.round(totladdprof*100)/100 //rounds results of total additional profit
form.TotalAddProfit.value = totladdprofrnd; //sending the total additional profit to form
{/code}

Thanks,
Larry

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.