Hi All,
Is there any way to set the focus to a table row using javascript so that subsequent key press events can iterate through the table rows.Please help me to solve this.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi All,
Is there any way to set the focus to a table row using javascript so that subsequent key press events can iterate through the table rows.Please help me to solve this.

Thanks

Only things that can accept focus can receive focus, which would be form objects like text boxes, radio buttons etc... and hyperlinks. You should be able to do it with the focus() function.

for IE and FF You can set focus to object and embed respectively.but i m not sure about other browser

Hi All,

Thanks

As nikesh.yadav already pointed, there are only two true conventional browsers that will handle focus as expected for elements other anchors and forms for certain. That is, IE and FX.

You can write a loop function that iterates through table elements that should receive focus and use a declaration like: tag[i].tabIndex = "auto"; to make them receive focus. This additionally prevents you from breaking the tab order on your document.

It will enable your client to tab through your table rows, cells and/or other desired elements the conventional way, (or browser specific), without having to explain that there are keys with added functionality and how to use them.

Regards.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.