Hi Everyone,

I need some suggestions from you guys. I am totally unaware of JSP or java and trying to learn a bit , as i need to develop a sample application using web services.I am in need of some help from you guys. If there are some errors in the code or i can modify for the better then please tell me.Please explain the things as i am a layman..

<%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <title>JSP Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <h2>Hello World!</h2>

<%-- start web service invocation --%><hr/>
    <%

String userName=" ";
        String groupName=" ";
        String firstName=" ";
        String lastName=" ";
        String pam=" ";
        String emailAddress=" ";
    try {                                     
	com.arcot.schemas.regfort.v2.AuthProvisionAPIService service = new com.arcot.schemas.regfort.v2.AuthProvisionAPIService();
	com.arcot.schemas.regfort.v2.RegFortAPIPortType port = service.getRegFortAPISOAP11Port();
        port.createUser(userName, groupName, firstName, lastName, pam, emailAddress);
            } catch (Exception ex) {
	// TODO handle custom exceptions here
    }
    %>
    <form action="response.jsp" method="POST">

<table>
    <tr><td>User Name</td><td><input type="text" name="userName" value="" /></td></tr><br></br>
    <tr><td>Group Name</td><td><input type="text" name="groupName" value="" /></td></tr><br></br>
    <tr><td>First Name</td><td><input type="text" name="firstName" value="" /></td></tr><br></br>
    <tr><td>Last Name</td><td><input type="text" name="lastName" value="" /></td></tr><br></br>
    <tr><td>PAM</td><td><input type="text" name="pam" value="" /></td></tr><br></br>
    <tr><td>Email Address</td><td><input type="text" name="emailAddress" value="" /></td></tr>
    <tr><td>Submit</td><td><input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit"/></td></tr>
</table> 
</form>
    <%-- end web service invocation --%><hr/>    
    </body>
</html>

I am using netbeans here.

now what i need to do is----

when i click on the submit button the entries should be updated in the database, how i can achieve that. syntax for database connection. i am using oracle as DB.
kindly give me some ideas how to go about this...

Thanks
NT

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Read this how to establish connection with database the right way and here is info on Oracle and connection string (Sorry couldn't find latest version)

can you provide some idea in reference to my code about how to connect with db in this case.

Thanks
NT

Aren't the two links good enough for you? Or you did not even read them?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.