Hi there,

Im starting my own development company and would like some feed back on my two options for a company name. I will specialize in asp.net (front and back)
Castles in the Sky IT solutions
or
Infinity Technology solutions

I am a very indicisive and would appreciate some feed back. I would use a sky theme for the first selection in my design . For the second selection I would use an infinity symbol like an elongated figure eight that is similar to the visual studio logo.

I realize that this certainly a marketing question, but I wanted to know what other developers think since I will be working directly with the likes of such.

Thanks,
Rick pace

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Keep in mind, your company name will not be the only thing looked at, but as well as your mission statement. And based on your mission statement, your company name will be found.

Keep in mind, your company name will not be the only thing looked at, but as well as your mission statement. And based on your mission statement, your company name will be found.

Absolutely. If you can give the sky to your customers, then go for it :)

Personally, I would stray away from Castles in the Sky IT Solutions, as I am not sure how it would really relate to the services available. Keep in mind, also, that your company name is what you will be remembered by and recommended by. Most will not know your mission statement until after they have accepted your company name. The infinity I would also stray from as well as it is widely over-used, and again most likely does not relate to the services available. A lot of thought goes into company names, as everytime you change the company name, it is the same as starting it over as all branding has gone out the window.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.