Hello,
I don't know if this is even posible, as it has to be done in client side when the file has been downloaded. When I download a file with the save as or open dialog openning it ,it opens correctly and everything works nicely. But, lets say is a .doc, when, in office, I click on save it saves wherever it's stored, a temporal folder, I guess. This only happens with IE, with firefox it displays an ugly "this file is readonly, save it in any other place" message an then save as is prompted.
So my question is, is there any way of telling whichever program opens the file to prompt save as dialog instead of directly saving it?

My firs thought was that is impossible, but you never know if you don't ask.
Thanks,
Iker.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try to setting your windows Exporer.

Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types -> Advanced -> Check --> Confirm open after download

CMIIW...just to help...

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
It was already checked so I though it worthed a shot and unchecked it. Keeps the same behaviour every time, checked and unchecked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.