when i click File->new->Project->ASP.NET web Project->OK in my .Net 2003 IDE i get following error:
" Visual studio has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.Net version 1.1.You may not be able to run ASP.NET web aplications or services" My OS is XP-SP2.I have IIS v5.1 Installed and working properly as i could run ASP Pages in my pc. can anyone help me solve this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

when i click File->new->Project->ASP.NET web Project->OK in my .Net 2003 IDE i get following error:
" Visual studio has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.Net version 1.1.You may not be able to run ASP.NET web aplications or services" My OS is XP-SP2.I have IIS v5.1 Installed and working properly as i could run ASP Pages in my pc. can anyone help me solve this problem?

You have select correct version from the iis options. I cant tell you the steps as i dont have iis installed now, but right click on it basically and in the properties pane you will see that you are able to choose from versions.

You have select correct version from the iis options. I cant tell you the steps as i dont have iis installed now, but right click on it basically and in the properties pane you will see that you are able to choose from versions.

buddy still its not workin

Oh just ENABLE it, that's useful!

Oh wait, I was being sarcastic.

why do you think i am that important to trace all the posts i send?

You think you're important? That must make you feel special.

The quality of the forum is what's important, and when members post stupid things, that misinformation must be quashed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.