Hi

I have a page which has a list displaying 5 images horizontally. Associated with each of these images there is some hidden text which is loaded into a display area by javascript when the image is clicked, at the same time an image that looks like a pointer is moved from one image to another by changing the background in a different but overlapping list item.

This all works in firefox, safari has the pointer image out by 1 pixel, ie7 has a large gap and opera has the pointer image overlapping the text display area.

The site can be viewed at http://www.web-devel.co.nz/redbookpos/index.php.

Can anyone suggest a better way of doing this that will work across all browsers?

Thanks

Richard

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can load different style sheet's for specific browser's by detecting it using the navigator object.

You can load different style sheet's for specific browser's by detecting it using the navigator object.

Hi Essential, thanks for your response. I hadn't thought of doing that, I'd assumed that there was something more fundamental wrong with the approach I was taking and was looking for an alternative way of producing the box with the pointer aligned with the 'active' image. If I can't come up with a better method your suggestion may do the trick.

Regards

Richard

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.