i just installed wamp server then php version 5.2.6
but when i start the wamp server services and select the phpmyadmin option, a page with the error
'phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation'
p what can i do to fix it? i need it up n running like ...yesterday. im behind on a deadline...heelp

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

First off check your PHP.INI file. Normally found in the folder PHP which is normally created when you download PHP. In here will be this line

extension=php_mysqli.dll

Make sure that there is not a ; before this line.

you should have on your computer a folder named PHP. In this folder will be another folder called EXTENSIONS and in here there should be the DLL file.

I hope that this helps but if not then fingers crossed a proper server chap comes along and can help.

I am getting this same error, but not on a new install, it just started happening and I did what you suggested even before googling for this problem and finding this page

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.