One of the pages in my web application works fine when I start the application from that page, but has some problems if I start from another page, including the Default.aspx page. When I went to investigate the problem, I realized that, if I start the application on the Default page and navigate to the page in question, none of the events get fired--no page_load, no prerender, no databound on my dropdown controls, nothing, not even if I refresh the page...

AutoEventWireup is true--I checked that :)

(Edit:) I think it is actually hitting the events, but just not hitting my breakpoints, which is still an issue

Try to clean the project/website by deleting the binaries (in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files) then rebuild the application. asp.net uses "shadow copy" of binaries, so make sure everything is absolutely clean. maybe you'll also need to kill the asp.net framework process (aspnet_wp.dll or may have different name, look in the web).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.