Hello everyone,
Does anyone knows any query expansion techniques that can be implemented using php other than hierarchical technique. i.e: facet , analysis, thesaurus.
By implementing query expansion, the users are not only presented with the keyword they inserted, but some related words to the keyword.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello everyone,
Does anyone knows any query expansion techniques that can be implemented using php other than hierarchical technique. i.e: facet , analysis, thesaurus.
By implementing query expansion, the users are not only presented with the keyword they inserted, but some related words to the keyword.

Thank you

If you're implementing a search engine purely in PHP you're doing something wrong. Take a look at Apache Lucene or alternatives along those lines. PHP can but shouldn't.

Hello,
I have tried to do this bacic MySQl query expansion but there is an error..Could anyone who know how to correct it tell me. thank you

$myquery = "SELECT learningArea,subject,ability FROM lesson WHERE MATCH (learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('".$_POST['q']."'  WITH QUERY EXPANSION);";

the error is like this
Query: SELECT learningArea,subject,ability FROM lesson WHERE MATCH (learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('' WITH QUERY EXPANSION); Error: Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list.

I have this sybtax as well

$myquery =("SELECT * MATCH(learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('$q' WITH QUERY EXPANSION) 
// AS score FROM lessonplan WHERE MATCH(learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('$q' WITH QUERY EXPANSION) ORDER BY score DESC");

this error is shown.
Query: SELECT * MATCH(learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('' WITH QUERY EXPANSION) AS score FROM lessonplan WHERE MATCH(learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('' WITH QUERY EXPANSION) ORDER BY score DESC Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MATCH(learningArea,subject,ability) AGAINST ('' WITH QUERY EXPANSION) AS scor' at line 1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.