Member Avatar for diafol
diafol

Hi folks, first of all sorry to say I ain't got any sample code and couldn't find anything obvious from Google and searching forums.

Anyone got any ideas about integrating Joomla (latest version) session handling with a bog standard session_start/$_SESSION (etc) custom pages.

Here's the explanation:

I wrote a site a few years ago when my understanding of php/sessions was pretty basic (still is!), but now a friend has placed a joomla front-end on top of it. My original site is still used as a private members area (with login). The Joomla login is totally irrelevant as only my friend will be accessing this anyway, but we have a bilingual site (English/Welsh) with Joomfish handling the Joomla language settings and a custom $_SESSION holding the current chosen language in my bit.

What I don't want is for a user to choose say, 'English' in the Joomla bit and then when s/he gets directed to some old pages, the language suddenly changes to 'Welsh'.

Placing all the old data into Joomla is not an option.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.