hi frnds,
I have just studied html, css and javascripting. I think that though I got familiarized with the syntax and the purpose of these, I don think I am able to do something good . Can someone suggest some small projects I can work on So that I can gain some confidence in these things .....

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

1. Develop a small site.
2. Start adding functionality.

You can take any existing site to redevelop. May be you can develop this one :).
hay not kidding, just start at smaller scale and grow big.

I've found that learning about Javascript is best done by task.

For instance, make a "Contact" form, and add Javascript to verify that fields are filled out, email and phone numbers are valid. This will be re-inventing the wheel, but there are many online resources to "check your answer", so to speak.

Others exercises you might try are showing/hiding elements on the page, like making an FAQ where only the questions are visible and then when a question is clicked, the answer appears below it. Again, you can find many functions to do this online, but the act of doing it yourself will teach you a lot.

Good luck.

Hi,

and also using native alert would be a good start for you, it may look a simple function, but it will help you track things that is happening inside your script or when you are implementing new lines' in your code.

Here's a simple and not so powerful demo:

<html>
<head>
<title>Web Development Workshop</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- HIDING THE CODE LINE FROM AN OLD BROWSER.

function myFirstFunction() {

var myString = "Hello World!";
alert( myString );

var myNumber = 1;
alert( myNumber );

var myElement = document.getElement("div1");

alert( "My element is a &lt;" + myElement.tagName + "&gt; tag" );

} // Exit myFirstFunction.

window.onload = myFirstFunction; // Calling out your function with an onload event.
// END HIDING -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="div1"></div>
</body>
</html>

-essential

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.