I installed php (4 i think) and added the extension to iis. When I try to view a php file through the web browser, I get the following error:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Since I got an error and not just the php file's text, I assume the server extension was installed correctly. The php file I used does work when I simply connect to localhost which uses apache I believe. (installed from phpdev5)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

check if this works
This error happens when you do syntax error in the code of the command

header("Location:$redirectto")

, i.e. used to redirect to the location

check if this works
This error happens when you do syntax error in the code of the command

header("Location:$redirectto")

, i.e. used to redirect to the location

Stop reviving old dead threads for god's sake!

Stop reviving old dead threads for god's sake!

Hello Mr I am a developer
I have put this info because when somebody gets such error he should know every possibility whenever he searches for it, these threads are always usefull while coding for all time so in my opinion this is not dead and i don't write that you will say thanks or abuse it.
do u understand.
just don't show that u r somebody ok.

I have put this info because when somebody gets such error he should know every possibility whenever he searches for it, these threads are always usefull while coding for all time so in my opinion this is not dead and i don't write that you will say thanks or abuse it.
do u understand.

Although in theory that may sound good and all but from experience as a daniweb user, I find that replies to threads older than a year since started seems to effect the priority system of which threads are ordered in the forums. Because if everybody replies to the threads 3 years old then the threads a few months old will be removed from the forums first since the older onces were bumped up the list. Pitty there isn't any rule for the maximum age of a thread you can reply to unless your the creator of the thread. But I guess it's a thing we will need to live with since there are so many new users.

First of all, breathe (or you will run out of breathe). I agree, If someone searches for this particular question, he will eventually get here. But I don't find your answer relevant to the question. That answer doesn't make any sense either.

do u understand.

No. Unfortunately, I didn't understand a word you said.

Huh! What does that even mean Mr. Developer ?

First of all, breathe (or you will run out of breathe). I agree, If someone searches for this particular question, he will eventually get here. But I don't find your answer relevant to the question. That answer doesn't make any sense either.

No. Unfortunately, I didn't understand a word you said.

Huh! What does that even mean Mr. Developer ?

I have encountered this error , i searched the web i didn't found the answer relevant even here, then i solved the problem my self , and i posted this that this may be a cause.

I thing u r stretching this thread now. unnecessarly posting two times as an answer. I said developer because i want to show how this solution matters to me

I don't want to waste my time after this.

I thing u r stretching this thread now. unnecessarly posting two times as an answer. I said developer because i want to show how this solution matters to me

Posting as an answer ? Did I ever mention those replies were "answers" ? I have no reason to stretch this thread. Its you who is bumping a 3 year old thread with unwanted replies (which is no way related to the question posted).

I don't want to waste my time after this.

I am happy that you are a quick learner. :)

Edit: I also wonder if header is the panacea for every CGI problem. Hmm..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.