Okay, I had a thread in the HTML and CSS section, but I'm going to put a new one here with more detail. My friends have created a Cabal private game server, on THEIR computer. Im trying to create a site for it using my computer, but AS OF NOW, I'm only using a freehost. Their game server is created with MSSQL. I need to add pages to the site for Registration, Login, User Panel, Cash Shop, etc. RIGHT NOW, Im only going to worry about the registration part, because the rest is not IMMEDIATELY needed for people to play the game. The registration page needs to create accounts in the game database on my friends computer, and I have no clue how to do it. I only know HTML and CSS, very VERY little php, not enought to understand anything really. I've looked around a bit, and I'm starting to think that I MAY need a site with ASP.NET hosting? I dont know what that is even, but I just want to know how to do all of this. Even if you guys could tell me the first step, then that would be great. I really dont even know where to put this post xD. Sorry if this belongs elsewhere, but I just put it in here, cuz the page is going to be created using php... right?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't think that it is too realistic to think that you can build a working production facility with PHP or anything else unless you have taken the time to learn the language and do some sample projects to build your knowledge.

You mention a number of different machines and it isn't clear if these are local PCs or internet servers. If we assume the simplest situation: that you want to install some code on the game server to handle registration, login and so forth then you might be able to purchase a system to do that and this would limit your challenge to getting it installed and working. Alternately, you could hire an experienced programmer to build it for you.

I recently (re)built a login system for my own use that does many of these functions. I want to add the ability to charge for usage but I don't have all of that yet. After a lot of searching, I found a freeware system that had some of the basics and I then spent a lot of time modifying it to work the way I wanted it to. I couldn't have done this (at least not in a reasonable amount of time) when I was just getting started with PHP. This particular version is proprietary so it isn't GPL and it isn't for sale (although it might be some time in the future). If you do an online search you'll find a number of these types of systems for purchase.

well, theres only 2 computers. Mine, and the other one. lol. the other one has the game database on it. All i want to know, is how to be able to create accounts in the game database through a registration page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.