tom curren 0 Junior Poster in Training Banned

Notice the category... coffee house.

First, I couldn't agree to choose software development since web development was another category and I'll get around to why that is an obvious misunderstanding of the true nature of computing, later on.

So, I passed by site management and IT (water cooler or not) as they are utterly unrelated to this subject's nature and probably to the interest of any of those members.

Now, techie, is close but Tech Talk is too aloof and probably a hardware problem anyway.
[{;>)

So, I settled on coffee shop as ironically that is where I'm at at the moment and am now completely mobile with a cellular betterband card on my laptop. (I call it betterband, because 800k is not really very broad but deserves distinguishment from ISDN even though it's nowhere near T1.)

That said, a coffee shop has been my environment of choice for over two years since I acquired a laptop and broke the 3 decades of linkage to an office and a desk.

I intend to discuss language, the kind that computers can respond to. I know over thirty of them and believe in many. I have recently been packing in RUBY. I'll reveal all of the reasons why. Promise!

tc