Can someone help and show me how to display using (VB.net) these two tables combined into one. I'm really struggling trying to figure this out after hours of work, I decided its time to ask for help!

So in SQL Server 2005 I have the following tables...

Students
PKId
Cart_Id
Fname
Lname
Credits (will not always equal one)

Items_Ordered
PkId
Cart_Id
Product_Id
Quantity (will always be one)

The following is what has to happen...

The total amount of credits should always equal the total quantity of items ordered for that Cart_Id.

Now, the amount of Students there are for each purchase will vary from 1 - 4 and the credits need to be distributed evenly.

If there is an uneven Quantity versus Student count, then the credits will be allocated from top to bottom, adding an extra to each
of those students.

So when it comes down to it, I need Students.Fname and Students.Lname put into each line of the Items_Ordered table for that Cart_id, distributed evenly.

I would really appreciate any help on this, as I am almost brain dead now.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi
if i understood correctly, u need a SQL query after joining those two tables ??

Pls. gimme what columns u needed from each of these tables and where conditions if any...

To me it looks like you will have to write stored procedure, to handle the case of

If there is an uneven Quantity versus Student count, then the credits will be allocated from top to bottom, adding an extra to each of those students.

I cannot think of a single query (like some join) possibly doing it. Another thing I noticed is, you need to give a sample of input (records from 2 tables) and output expected. Your question is not all that clear to me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.