Hi all,

I had a short question, I am busy making an UML Class Diagram for my future text-based browsergame, and I was wondering if I do it right yes or no.

Please give me your critic and comments.

Click here for the diagram.

Kind regards,

Schoorsteen

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Personally I find it difficult to critique UML when I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve, but I'll give it a go. It looks good except for a couple of things that I noticed.

First of all, you have a User having a Family, I think it could possibly be better to have the family having a list of users and functions such as isFamilyMember($user) . I think this would be a cleaner solution.

The other thing I noticed is that Users, Families and Companies all have a Bank object, and Users also have a Family and a list of Companies. This to me seems a bit too much, perhaps you need to think about what you are trying to achieve with your Bank object.

Other than that, the UML looks like a good start for how these classes might interact, but you need to keep in mind that PHP is not an object-oriented language although it does feature some support for classes.

Thank you very much for giving it a try, I understand it is difficult. Your comments made me start overthink my UML.

Your idea about isFamilyMember is quite a good idea and I will go for it.

You are also right about my bank, Users, Families and Companies will now implent the Bank class.

The goal I am trying to achieve here is setting up a decent framework for a browser game. I hope that makes it clearer for you and other people that are willing to comment on my UML. I will update the picture within the next hour.

Kind regards,

Schoorsteen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.