Hi all

I am a newbie to Ajax and Javasript. Please help me out...

I am using Ajax and Javascript to show real-time data on the web page. On my web page, a 4-digit number is displayed in a text box and this number updates every 10 millisecond automatically to display real-time data (show 100 numbers per second).

What I would like to do is to save the lastest 10 second data in the local PC (client PC) when client clicks a button on the page. Is that possbile with Javascript and Ajax? Or is there any other ways to sort it out?

Any suggestions I would appreciate it .

Many thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If it isn't much data, using cookies would do the trick.
However, if it's more, just stop the auto-refresh.
What are you trying to accomplish?
You also can look into a flash-type datastore if you need to store over 10kb of data.

If it isn't much data, using cookies would do the trick.
However, if it's more, just stop the auto-refresh.
What are you trying to accomplish?
You also can look into a flash-type datastore if you need to store over 10kb of data.

Hi Codejoust

Thank you very much for your reply. I am not skilled in Javascript and Ajax. Could you please explain more details about your two ideas. What does it mean to stop the auto-refresh and how to create a flash-type datastore?

I would appreciate it if you could show me some similar codes regarding my questions.

Many thanks
Junian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.