When attempting to compile PHP 5.0.4 with MySQL 4.0, I received some strange errors from attempting to use --with-mysql and --with-mysqli. After getting it to configure correctly, where it finds mysql and mysqli support, when I run make I get these odd compile errors:

==
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli.h:48: error: syntax error before "MYSQL_STMT"
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli.h:48: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli.h:52: error: syntax error before '}' token
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli.h:52: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli.h:85: error: `LOCAL_INFILE_ERROR_LEN' undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli.h:113: error: syntax error before '*' token
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:91: error: syntax error before '*' token
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c: In function `php_clear_stmt_bind':
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:93: error: `stmt' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:93: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:93: error: for each function it appears in.)
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c: In function `mysqli_objects_free_storage':
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:139: error: syntax error before ')' token
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c: In function `mysqli_read_property':
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:204: error: `MYSQL_STMT' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:204: error: syntax error before ')' token
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:204: error: syntax error before ')' token
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c: In function `zm_startup_mysqli':
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:457: error: `STMT_ATTR_UPDATE_MAX_LENGTH' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:515: error: `MYSQL_NO_DATA' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c: In function `php_mysqli_fetch_into_hash':
/usr/src/php-5.0.4/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:624: error: syntax error before ')' token
==

If I try and compile with 4.0, I get those errors for mysqli. If I try and compile with 4.1, I get those errors with mysql.

Ideally, i'd like this to work for 4.1 (having both mysql and mysqli functions). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you're trying to compile the mysql server yourself? huh?

No, attempting to compile PHP5 with both mysql and mysqli functions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.