Hi all,
I've got a spot of bother with my radiobuttonlist. It has 3 items in it and I want them to control the visibility of certain divs/tables.

But even simple text changes are becoming a headache and the postback is not firing the event I clicked on but the PREVIOUS event (ie, I click on value 1 and text shows nothing, I click on value 2 and text shows value 1, I click on value 3 and text shows value 2)...always 1 step behind.

Here's my code:

function SetMessageInTextbox() {
var rdolist_0 = document.getElementById("rdolist_0");
var rdolist_1 = document.getElementById("rdolist_1");
var rdolist_2 = document.getElementById("rdolist_2");
if (rdolist_0.checked)
document.getElementById("TextBox1").value="One";
if (rdolist_1.checked)
document.getElementById("TextBox1").value="Two";	
if (rdolist_2.checked)	
document.getElementById("TextBox1").value="Three";
}

I've tried combinations of adding attributes in the vb.net pageload function, the vb.net code behind rdoList.selectindexchange using
rdolist.Attributes.Add("onload", "javascript:SetMessageInTextbox()")
and also the onClick event of the HTML page.

If you can assist, please do.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

HI,
You can use the below javascript method to read asp radio button list selectindex, selected value.

<script type="text/javascript">

function GetRadioButtonSelectedValue()
{
var AspRadio = document.getElementsByName('Aspradiobuttonlist');

for (var i = 0; i < AspRadio.length; i++)
{

if (AspRadio[i].checked)
{
var lblAspradiobuttonValue = document.getElementById('<%= lblAspradiobuttonValue.ClientID %>');

lblAspradiobuttonValue.innerHTML='<b>Selected Value:</b> '+AspRadio[i].value+'<br/>';
lblAspradiobuttonValue.innerHTML+='<b>Selected Text:</b> '+AspRadio[i].parentNode.getElementsByTagName('label')[0].innerHTML;
}//end if

}// end for

}//end function
</script>

WHERE Aspradiobuttonlist is the id of radiobuttonlist server control.

Hope it will help you.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, you're code doesn't have the desired result. What does seem to happen is that if I make a selection, no answer will appear, but if I next press the area around a radiobutton, but still on the radiobuttonlist control, it will respond with the correct response.

So in other words, the change of index doesn't fire the function, but clicking the list (not a direct radiobutton) does.

This is counter-intuitive if you ask me and I can't expect the users of the page to do this.

Any clues?

Thanks again.

Okay, just figured it out. Now I think about it, it makes a bit of sense. I forgot javascript gets loaded with the page and therefore it does not need to post back to the server. I had autopostback set to true and by setting this to false, the desired effect came into play.

Thank you for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.