Hello- I am pretty new to JSP

I need some help with a GET method. Apparently IE has a URL length limitation..

IE0- "If you are using the GET method, you are limited to a maximum of 2,048 characters, minus the number of characters in the actual path."

By sending all the variables I was hitting the IE browser limitation on length of GET parameters (URL length). So I attempted to shorted it up a bit by taking out some variables that are sent in the handoff template. It's no longer a long url issue, but it still does not seem to work right. Can someone take a look at my code and see if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks!

<form name="RedirectForm" method="Get" ACTION="<%=forwardUrl%>">

<%

Enumeration paramNames = request.getParameterNames();

while(paramNames.hasMoreElements())

{

String name = (String)paramNames.nextElement();

//if(name.equals("url") || name.equals("id"))

//{

//      continue;

//}

%>

<input type="hidden" name="<%=name%>" value="<%=request.getParameter(name)%>">

<%} %>

<%

if (processBean.getProcess() != null) {

%>

<input type="hidden" name="_label" value="<bean:write name='processBean' property='label'/>">

<input type="hidden" name="_title" value="<bean:write name='processBean' property='title'/>">

<input type="hidden" name="_actorsUserID" value="<%=request.getRemoteUser()%>">

<input type="hidden" name="_processId" value="<bean:write name='processBean' property='id'/>">

<input type="hidden" name="_owner" value="<bean:write name='processBean' property='owner'/>">

<%--<logic:iterate id="operandBean" name="contextOperands" property="operands" type="com.oakgrovesystems.portal.content.OperandContentBean">

<input type="hidden" name="<bean:write name="operandBean" property="label"/>" value="<bean:write name="operandBean" property="value" filter="false"/>">

</logic:iterate>

--%>

<logic:iterate id="operandBean" name="contextOperands" property="operands" type="com.oakgrovesystems.portal.content.OperandContentBean">       

<%     

if (!operandBean.label.equals ("CustNotifyMessage") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("_customCompletedInstanceLink") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("_customCompletedWorklistLink") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("_customInstanceLink") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("CustNotifySubject") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("_EmailToPrimaryContact") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("UrAnsweredMessage") ||

!operandBean.label.equals ("UrAnsweredSubject"))

{%>

<input type="hidden" name="<bean:write name="operandBean" property="label"/>" value="<bean:write name="operandBean" property="value" filter="false"/>">

<%} %> 

</logic:iterate>

Why don't you use the post method?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.