Hi folks,

my url querystring is

querytring.php?checkin=10/11/2009&checkout=10/01/2009&minprice=100&maxprice=200&page=1

i want to remove

&page=1

from this url.

Please help

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

well i dont understand ur problm vry well but i think u can remove that piece of info from the php code where u r generating that query string...
Please elaborate ur problem and paste code if possible in order to get better clarification.
I guess u r using some1 else's code..

Hi folks,

my url querystring is

querytring.php?checkin=10/11/2009&checkout=10/01/2009&minprice=100&maxprice=200&page=1

i want to remove

&page=1

from this url.

Please help

Thanks

Member Avatar for diafol

IS the 'page' parameter actually doing anything? You could just not set it in the first place. OR you could just ignore it, i.e. not have $_GET do anything. Once the 'page' has been passed to the new page, even if you remove the bit with str_replace() or similar, $_GET will still exist. You could get rid of it by unset($_GET).

If you really need to get rid of the offending parameter and can't do this from the original parsing function, use str_pos() to find the start of '&page=' and str_replace() to replace all characters from that point onwards with '' OR use str_pos() and substr() to truncate from that point onwards.

Guys actually i was looking for this. apologies if you could not get me.

function remove_querystring_var($url, $key) {
     $url = preg_replace('/(.*)(\?|&)' . $key . '=[^&]+?(&)(.*)/i', '$1$2$4', $url . '&');
     $url = substr($url, 0, -1);
     return ($url);
   } 

echo remove_querystring_var($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'],'page');

IS the 'page' parameter actually doing anything? You could just not set it in the first place. OR you could just ignore it, i.e. not have $_GET do anything. Once the 'page' has been passed to the new page, even if you remove the bit with str_replace() or similar, $_GET will still exist. You could get rid of it by unset($_GET).

If you really need to get rid of the offending parameter and can't do this from the original parsing function, use str_pos() to find the start of '&page=' and str_replace() to replace all characters from that point onwards with '' OR use str_pos() and substr() to truncate from that point onwards.

ok.. this removes the 'page' parameter from the url u pass but i m just curious whats d practical use of it? I cant see none..

Guys actually i was looking for this. apologies if you could not get me.

function remove_querystring_var($url, $key) {
     $url = preg_replace('/(.*)(\?|&)' . $key . '=[^&]+?(&)(.*)/i', '$1$2$4', $url . '&');
     $url = substr($url, 0, -1);
     return ($url);
   } 

echo remove_querystring_var($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'],'page');

actually in my project paging it being display after searching the records. records are being paged.so there is a long query string which i can't assembe using the $_GET[] , so i used the server varialbe $_SERVER, which in turn apending the page variable again and again in the url querystring while moving over the pages, to remove this problem i thought i must remove this page varialbe so that page class again can append it's page parameter only once.

if you know some better way of doing it kindly suggest me

Thanks.

ok.. this removes the 'page' parameter from the url u pass but i m just curious whats d practical use of it? I cant see none..

Member Avatar for diafol

So it's solved?

Yes it is. Do you know any other way ?

So it's solved?

then wy dont u mark the thread as solved ?

Yes it is. Do you know any other way ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.