Hi,
i have my application written in .net 3.5, My IIS is of version 5.1.
When i tried to host my application in IIS(5.1) by creating a virtual directory and specifying the path of the application folder (which is in D drive in my machine). When i tried to browse the start page i'm getting 'oops link broken' error.. i dono how is this happening.. kindly help..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Check whether you have selected Framework version 2.0 in IIS.
If you still face the problem, open command prompt and execute
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i ".

1. Check whether you have selected ASP.NET 2.0 Framework for your web site at IIS.
2. Also browse the site from IIS to check if its working.
3. If still get error, watch the error message displayed in the Event viewer. Post the error message here. It will help to identify the error and provide you a solution.

Hi firingnow,
I also had this problem. I heard that this is happening because IIS is installed after the installation of .net framework. I got a chance to test this in our lab. First install IIS and then I installed .net framework. It is working properly. But I don't know whether it is possible to you

hello!!!
i encountered the same problem on my workstation ..
tats y i uninstall both IIS & frame work and then reinstall them in the following order...
1st i install IIS & then Framework, because of which Framework acquire files according to the IIS installed. as IIS is the only reason of creating Client-Server interaction on the same system or on a personal server.
it worked for me... u can also try this to resolve your issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.