I am having two combo box value say List 1 and List 2

And user can move the items from List 1 to List 2 and vice versa.

After completing the "Move" operation the user would like to "SAVE" these changes.

At this point I need to have all the values from the List 1 and List 2 in an array.

I used request.getParameter() and this gives me the value of the selected item which is not sufficient.

I need to have all the values from both the combo box to an array and paas it to jsp page.

Can anyone help me in getting this solved :(

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have never tried that before but you can do this and see if it works:

Instead of sending the value of the combo box have 2 hidden fields:

<input type="hidden" name="hiddenList1" value="" />

When you click the button to submit run a javascript that loops the list and appends its values to the hidden field. Then when you get the request, you can use the split() method to separate the values.

Hello All,

I'm trying to force my users to close a popup window before they can return to the Parent window. I more or less want to "lock" the parent window and force the user to fill in the info on the popup and hit submit, which in turn will close the popup and then allow the user to continue working on the parent window.

Hello All,

I'm trying to force my users to close a popup window before they can return to the Parent window. I more or less want to "lock" the parent window and force the user to fill in the info on the popup and hit submit, which in turn will close the popup and then allow the user to continue working on the parent window.

Are you saying that when the popup opens, the user shouldn't be able to select the parent window?
If yes try this:
jqModal/
You will also need to download jQuery.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.