Hi all
I have a website and I have put some links to another websites in my website , but when my users click on the links, I show the content of other websites in iframe is this
Copyright violation?
thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You should ask the respective website owners. Personally I wouldn't allow it.

There is no copyright infringement on iframes. As long as you are not stating that the content is yours there is nothing they can legally do.

There is no 'legal' issue although from the point of politeness you should provide attribution and if possible check with the website owner

If you mention source link when you called in iframe than it is not a violence

See this example for it : www.searchnaukri.com

which is simple crawler and brings result from the few website now its is not violence of the copyright because we already mention source link there .

According to Australian copyright laws it says you may not fame anothers website as your own unless you receive permission from the contents author. So basically if you were to embed a Flash game or webpage from another site on your site then that would be breaking the law unless you received permission from the contents owner. Also note that the moment something is written down it is immediately copyrighted under Australian law. Hope that helps.

Hi all
I have a website and I have put some links to another websites in my website , but when my users click on the links, I show the content of other websites in iframe is this
Copyright violation?
thanks.

Hi all
Copyright violation?
thanks.

I don't think it would be a problem of displaying others sites, you can use any scripts on your site, before displaying those scripts on your site, It would be a good thing to get permission from the site owners.

If you put their site in your site, it would be a site click to those guys as well.

Thanks & Regards
Sai Prem
<snipped>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.