Hell everyone,
I have a problem with joomla urls which i am trying to make user friendly.

so far with mod rewrite i have managed to come up with a url like this; http://www.edulinksuganda.com/component/option,com_artband/task,details/id,59184/Itemid,75/idd,19/.
but i want it to be something like: http://www.edulinksuganda.com/componentname/schools/schoolname. Please help me rectify this problem.

i apologize if this post is in the wrong category but i couldn't tell where to put it.

Any help will by highly appreciated. Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hi Saiprem,

Thank you so much for your reply. Iam trying out the module however i have some hard coded urls in my joomla code and am afraid they may be distorted when i use the component. Any way to go around this issue.

Thanks in advance

Hi Saiprem,

Thank you so much for your reply. Iam trying out the module however i have some hard coded urls in my joomla code and am afraid they may be distorted when i use the component. Any way to go around this issue.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried installing the component and checking for it, Try in your local system, If it works then Ok. Otherwise we need to look for some other way(Some other way means we have to remove the hard coded URL's)

Hello Saiprem,

Thank you for the reply. i have another inquiry though, by using SEO i thought i would solve the problem of google being able to search my website's key words. Because google does not get any of my keywords when i search.

Do you think using SEO will solve my problem or is there another way around it.

Thanx for the support.

Hello Saiprem,

Thank you for the reply. i have another inquiry though, by using SEO i thought i would solve the problem of google being able to search my website's key words. Because google does not get any of my keywords when i search.

Do you think using SEO will solve my problem or is there another way around it.

Thanx for the support.

If your site wants to display in google, you need to submit sitemap.xml to google.

Linkup you site with your google webcentral account and upload the sitemap.xml in your web server. Give the same path to google.

The SEO component used in joomla to display the urls as search engine friendly.

Hi,

I am wondering what i am doing wrong. the SEF component seems to have changed every thing. the urls are user friendly but when i click on a link, it brings page not found. Please help, the site is http://www.edulinksuganda.com/

Once again, i appreciate your help so much.

What are all the changes you done in the Joomla configuration, please let me know. I can help u.

Hello Saiprem,

well in joomla config, done the following;
- turned on the SEO
- enabled mod rewrite in .htaccess
- enabled the SEF component in its configuration
- changed the .htaccess file and put

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##

and i left the rest as default.

Thanks for the quick response..

Hello Saiprem,

well in joomla config, done the following;
- turned on the SEO
- enabled mod rewrite in .htaccess
- enabled the SEF component in its configuration
- changed the .htaccess file and put

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##

and i left the rest as default.

Thanks for the quick response..

I think it is not necessary to change anything in the .htaccess file, Please revert it back and just put the older one, hope everything will works for you.

If you don't have older htaccess with you, Just get it from joomla downloaded code it will be with the name of "htaccess.txt", you just rename the file to .htaccess

Thanx Saiprem,

You have made my day. it even worked on the hard coded urls. so far so good. thank you so much. Am still checking to make sure all the links are ok.

Yo the best. A million thanks.

Thanx Saiprem,

You have made my day. it even worked on the hard coded urls. so far so good. thank you so much. Am still checking to make sure all the links are ok.

Yo the best. A million thanks.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to Saiprem, i managed to make my urls user friendly though now i have a problem with removing the 'seo by Artio' that shows up on every page in v.2.3.2. It is working perfectly aside from that problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.