Hi, I recently created a website with a spry dropdown navigation bar. On preview from Dreamweaver CS4, in Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome, all elements work properly and the dropdown menus work as well. However, when I upload it to my server at the domain http://www.kcsslibrary.com, the dropdown menus do not show up on rollover. I don't know what is going on. The .js file and .css file are both appropriately linked to the root folders as well.

The dropdowns are supposed to be displayed under 'online resources' and 'citing your work'

All help appreciated! Thank You.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi, I recently created a website with a spry dropdown navigation bar. On preview from Dreamweaver CS4, in Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome, all elements work properly and the dropdown menus work as well. However, when I upload it to my server at the domain http://www.kcsslibrary.com, the dropdown menus do not show up on rollover. I don't know what is going on. The .js file and .css file are both appropriately linked to the root folders as well.

The dropdowns are supposed to be displayed under 'online resources' and 'citing your work'

All help appreciated! Thank You.

Your Spry script is not loading!
Check the location of your spry lib., and/or move it from the cgi-bin folder if its really there.
and update / correct your source location on your code.

<script src="cgi-bin/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Your Spry script is not loading!
Check the location of your spry lib., and/or move it from the cgi-bin folder if its really there.
and update / correct your source location on your code.

<script src="cgi-bin/SpryMenuBar.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Hey, so the file was in /cgi-bin but for some reason the html file didn't link to it...so I just created a new folder scripts/SpryMenuBar.js ,moved the file, and updated all the links....now it works!

Thank You!!

Hey, so the file was in /cgi-bin but for some reason the html file didn't link to it...so I just created a new folder scripts/SpryMenuBar and updated all the links....now it works!

Thank You!!

I know, that's why i told you to move it.
p.s.
you should mark the threat solved

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.