Well, frankly I am new to ASP.NET and am required to make a project in it. I dont think that learning it will be tough as I already know ASP. Is ASP.NET just a step further from ASP??? Also could you please suggest me some ideas of which kinds of projects can be developed in ASP.NET?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

ASP.NET is nothing like ASP. They are wildly different, completely alien from each other. Both are web development languages, so one can develop similar applications. But the methodology, concepts, are extremely different. ASP.NET is completely OOP, and is compiled, rather than interpreted. The list goes on and on. The next natural successor to ASP is probably PHP.

ASP.NET is an odd offshoot that only exists because Microsoft says it does.

Hey thanx a tonne for clearing the confusion. I would also like to have some project ideas which can be developed in ASP.NET. I am sick and tired of developing those same database related shopping web sites and stuff like that. So I am in search for something new and adventurous. Any suggestions??

Try writing a dynamic imaging website. Something that will create, for examples, jpegs or gif files based on user input. I've done such a site, to create bar charts based on values a user entered. It was fun.

Try writing a dynamic imaging website. Something that will create, for examples, jpegs or gif files based on user input. I've done such a site, to create bar charts based on values a user entered. It was fun.

Hi, Can you please elaborate on the above project topic you have mentioned. I am new to ASP.Net and have to do a project. Can you suggest any other interesting topics if possible. Any ideas about simulation projects? Please do reply.Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.