In Visual Basic 6.0, all the available events for an object (ex. Button) are displayed in the Procedure box of the Code window for the developer to choose from. But in VS .NET, the events are hidden. Is there a way to expose them or find out all the available events for an object? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That would be the in the properties window when you have clicked on the button object in the design view.

In Visual Basic 6.0, all the available events for an object (ex. Button) are displayed in the Procedure box of the Code window for the developer to choose from. But in VS .NET, the events are hidden. Is there a way to expose them or find out all the available events for an object? Thanks.

I don't see the events in the properties window. The properties window contains such items as location, visible, enabled. Events I'm interested are such items as click, doubleclick.

Opps... my fault, lost my brain there.

Here is the location of the Declarations (events)

[IMG]http://www3.telus.net/public/tmlohnes/Location.jpg[/IMG]

I don't see the events in the properties window. The properties window contains such items as location, visible, enabled. Events I'm interested are such items as click, doubleclick.

I'm using V C++ .NET and do not see what you have displayed. The left dropdown only list Form1 and not the controls that I also have on the form. Is this a configuration item?

Hmmm, I see the issue now. I never use Visual C++ .Net windows forms before. It is something I am sorry to say I can't say where to visually see that?

This is all I can offer you at the moment. Sorry

LINK to Button Members

The available events for a form or a form's control is under the lightning bolt at the top of the Property Browser window

If you are using visual studio dot net 2005 platform, You may get all the events from the procedure List on the top right corner of code window.
That depends upon the version u r using. this latest version provides all the facilities same that is in VB6.
In my system i installed vs.net 2005. for both vb.net and asp.net, i am getting the event list whenever i double click on a purticular control.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.