Hello,
I wrote all the code and everything works good on the project (web site using Visual studio 2008) that I'm working on, and now the only thing that I have to do is to have at least a simple layout of the webpage I'm doing.
I don't know css/html (they didn't teach us at school...). they only tought us to code in c# but not those things.
So what is the first thing I have to do to be able to put a basic layout to the site? And is it a hard thing?
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>So what is the first thing I have to do to be able to put a basic layout to the site? And is it a hard thing?

Start to learn HTML/Css and JavaScript. You need more practice.

HTML & CSS basics are easy, but there are a lot of things that may not work as you expect them to, so it's good to read up a lot on how it's supposed to work.

You can check out w3schools.com. There's some good tutorials there on both subjects and more. Also, if you want to get heavier into the design of the page, rather than just a basic layout, I've found sitepoint.com can help out a good amount with design techniques and such.

Thanks for the answers
are there ready (and free) designs that i can use? I dont want anything fancy, only a very basic layout.

I'm sure if you google "basic website template" or something akin to that, you'll find a decent amount of them out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.