Hi, I am glad to announce the release of the PHP robot which stores information from daniweb topics to answer questions. You may view my bot at http://chat.cwarn23.info/ and it can answer all sorts of questions. In addition you can chat to other people who are online at the time. I would like to hear your comments on how good or bad this project looks. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

On my system, the most recent replies are below the top of the reply box (so you can't see them).

Needs some work :)

I understand it is probably a W.I.P at the moment, I just asked it:
'What is PHP?'

It responded:
'I dont understand u said my code is working and its is displaying as what u wanted then what is your requirement.'

A search on DaniWeb shows that that line is from this thread:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread203560.html#post916989#

:)

Member Avatar for diafol

gave me same answer as above and then stopped working. ANy way to log out? I don't like the idea of being stuck in something.

Chris
how do you connect to a database?

Robo answer
Don't really want to do a database seems unnecessary as there is no other need for a database and the person who will be maintaining the site has any database experience. Yes thats what i'm planning to do but I do not know how to do the decision. How do I modify the database url to access the database on. How do I i figured out how to make one now I need to know how to delete the directory.

I just got a bunch of jiberish back. lol

On my system, the most recent replies are below the top of the reply box (so you can't see them).

The more recent replies in my system are appended to the bottom just like msn because IMO it is easier to read. That is if I fix that problem you have stated such as a javascript auto scroller.

gave me same answer as above and then stopped working. ANy way to log out? I don't like the idea of being stuck in something.

To log out just close the page and in 30 seconds without your page pinging the server your will be automatically logged out.

I just got a bunch of jiberish back. lol

It does that a lot as my Algorithm is still a work in Progress.

Hi,

The bot doesn't quite work as expected.

Welcome to the PHP chat room.

nav33n
Chat to PHP robot

Robo answer
Alright you can build a dynamic xml playlist using php to complete this task but you'll need to have flash coding under you belt plus know how to use flashvars the send from the swf to the php script using post methods or get methods to send to the dynamic php xml script then you'll have to use some flash code to read the xml and the attributes with in the player but this is better to be done by write your own player in flash else if you download a player from some one else this task would not be possible unless the have set up this codes and commands with in the compiled flv to swf before hand and if this is the case you would need to look through there documentation to build the proper php script for the player if you need to learn php and flash together you can go to developphp.

I copied robo answer and pasted it in the window and it generated *a lot* of incomplete, unrelated result which didn't make much sense.
Although, the chat room script is working as intended. The only problem is, when you ask a random question, like, "What is php?", the robo answers only 1 time to the user who is asking the question. But, it ll repeat the same answer "n" times for every other "n" number of users.
Edit: This is a bug. It happens once in a while, but not always !

Sometimes, when you type something and click "Reply", the text in the textarea refuses to *flush* the data. The text is posted [and is visible for the other chat users], but the one who typed the message will be in an illusion that the message wasn't posted. So, he'll click on "Reply" again, which will only post his message twice! [but the original poster will see only 1 post]

Yep, That's the case with Firefox. Looks okay in IE.

Overall, good effort! Good luck with your project. With some tweaking, I hope your bot will be up and running without bugs!

Cheers,
Naveen

Member Avatar for diafol

what is a multidimensional array?

Robo answer
I dont understand u said my code is working and its is displaying as what u wanted then what is your requirement. The tricky part is that the result is a complete array and the tickboxes selects what parts of the array should exist in other words different tickbox combinations will result in different arrays.

Site hangs after asking one question. I'm still at a bit of a loss as to what the bot is going to be able to say. Is it supposed to butt-in on everybody's question? Is it taking a random quote from a thread that has similar keywords? Sorry, I don't quite get it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.