Hi,

I want to create some kind of AJAX script or call that continuously will check a MySQL database if any new messages has arrived. When there is a new message in the database, the AJAX script should invoke a kind of alert box or message box.

I’m not quite a AJAX expert (yet anyway) and have Googled around to find a solution but I’m having a hard time to figure out where to begin. I imagine that it is kind of the same method that an AJAX chat is using to see if any new chat-message has been send.

I’ve also tried to search for AJAX (httpxmlrequest) call in a continuously and infinity loop but still haven’t got a solution yet.

I hope there is someone, which can help me with such a AJAX script or maybe nudge me in the right direction.

Thanks
Sincerely
Mestika

Try looking for ajax calls on timers (settimeout, etc.). Loop is a bad way to describe what you want to do

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.