I've got a website that has a registration page, after you type in all the information you hit an okay button and what is supposed to happen is the page sends a confirmation to the member's e-mail and then it adds the member information to the database.

however I keep getting this error:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?) in C:\Server\www\class.smtp.php on line 109

I'm guessing it is because my SSL is not enabled, but I've been trying to get that enabled but haven't managed to do it. when I check my phpInfo.php it says my "OpenSSL Support" is "disabled (install ext/openssl)". how would I go about enabling it?

the server I am using is wampserver 2.0.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

So your doing this offline? If you don't have a mail server then you won't be able to use SMTP.

It looks very difficult to install SSL in the server especially for shared web hosting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.