Member Avatar for mwaqas1990

Hey! i am new in web development and asp.net as well. actually i am a student and want to make social network type website for my institute. Can any body help me by giving me some url about development of social networking. thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey! i am new in web development and asp.net as well. actually i am a student and want to make social network type website for my institute. Can any body help me by giving me some url about development of social networking. thank you!

Why are you not interested to study these sites - orkut, facebook?

Hi,

ASP.NET 3.5 social Networking by Andrew Siemer is a good book which you guide to building enterprise-ready social networking and community applications with ASP.NET 3.5.

DotNetNuke is the leading open source web content management system (CMS) and application development framework for Microsoft .NET. You can try to implement the Social Networking modules. Smart-Thinker is a free DotNetNuke Social Networking Solution and the DotNetNuke Toolbar.

Also look into this article: Nine Ways to Build Your Own Social Network

Member Avatar for mwaqas1990

Thanks Dude! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.