I am opening a word document created via FOP on click of a button in JSP page. My page is working fine for every browser except IE6.

I have searched on net, and MS Site also. window.open is having problem with IE6. So can you people help me.

HOW CAN I a word document in new window in IE6.

Waiting for reply urgently....

Thanks
Tarun

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Then try with window.location = 'http://www.google.com/'

Thanks Raja,

The problem is not resolved yet.

Below is the code which is giving me issue.

"window.location.href="<%=contextPath%>\definitionAction.do?action=printCarForm"

above code is runnin the action succesfully but a form bean is needed to complete the action. But How can I pass on formbean with above code.

I again want to tell my Problem. ---

My Problem is , I am generating a WORD doc or PDF doc on click of a button on a JSP page. Only in case of IE6, when I use window.open() to submit action, new pop up opens but it does not do anything. just seems like it has hanged.

I tried the way window.location but it gives error as form bean is not associated with this.

So please tell me how can I open the document.

Thanks
Tarun

HOW CAN I a word document in new window in IE6.

window.open() works in IE6.

In fact, you say elsewhere in this thread that the window does open.

The actual problem appears to be that the associated application is not launching.

You need to test on the target system to see whether clicking on a local file with the .ext (.doc or .pdf) opens properly, and then whether IE6 can open a file with the same .ext from the server (by entering http://whatever/whichever.ext in the IE6 address box manually).

There are a large number of settings at Tools | Internet Options... which can directly or indirectly interfere with what you are trying to do.

My problem is only associated with IE6 as in rest browsers it works fine.

@FXM - my document generates at run time using XSLT on click of button. So it will launch tht logic part when it will reach action class. but once new window pops up, then it does not do anything.

When I click on button, two kind of events can happen.

1) One is simple SUBMIT action that is working fine. But issue in this case is that Document open in same browser window in case of IE6. So this is not useful way.

2) Other is I am opening document in new window using WINDOW.OPEN on click of a button. In this case new window does open. But it does not do anything. Even it does not reach upto action class. I read on MS site, they have told that due to some security issues window.open might not work on IE6. I tried to use it many different ways. but still it does not work.

So even I m not sure where is the problem. In window.open or somewhere else. as it runs perfectly on rest browsers even on IE7. So I thought like this.

Its working in IE6.

I read on MS site, they have told that due to some security issues window.open might not work on IE6.

That is the same thing I told you, plus I told you where to look in IE6 for settings that can be changed.

So even I m not sure where is the problem. In window.open or somewhere else.

Which of the tests that I suggested have you tried, and what where the results?

Hi frnds

I have solved my problem. this was setting in IE6. So I changed those settings and it worked.

Thanks everyone for the help.

What is the setting in IE6 you had changed?

I guess it was the blocking pop up window part of the his browser...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.