Hi all,

I have made a web-service in php. I had run a load test on the same by using testing tool Jmeter. And got the result in as graph, please help me to analyze the graph. It shows 3 important parameters that are 1)Deviation, 2) Median and 3) Average. Please help to understand how those parameters affect the performance of the web-service ?

Thanks in advance

Dipu

As per The Load Reports guide:

Average is the average time of a set of results.
Median is a number which divides the samples into two equal halves. Half of the samples are smaller than the median, and half are larger. [Some samples may equal the median.] This is a standard statistical measure. The Median is the same as the 50th Percentile.
Standard Deviation is a measure of the variability of a data set. This is a standard statistical measure. See, for example: Standard Deviation entry at Wikipedia. JMeter calculates the population standard deviation (e.g. STDEVP function in spreadheets), not the sample standard deviation (e.g. STDEV).

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.