I want to read pdf file and store only contents of pdf file as it is into mysql database.
Can anybody help ?
please ......

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Thanks for the link.
But that is not what I want.

I want to copy only text from pdf file into mysql database not whole pdf file.

First You Have to Find The Software Which Convert The PDF File data into Excel or CSV Format.

After Converting The data in to excel or CSV u can import it in mysql table.

Try in Google Search:"pdf to excel converter","pdf to csv converter"

-keval

First You Have to Find The Software Which Convert The PDF File data into Excel or CSV Format.

After Converting The data in to excel or CSV u can import it in mysql table.

Try in Google Search:"pdf to excel converter","pdf to csv converter"

-keval

I dont want to use software. I want to convert file using php coding that I can store contents of pdf file into mysql db and not the whole pdf file

Hello,

So basically you want to write your own conversion software in PHP to convert PDF files to text and post it to mysql.... Like most programming ideas it sounds easy but is probably going to take a while to code. I suggest you look into the format used for storing PDF files and you will see why others have been suggesting software to convert the file for you and then post the results to the database.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format

Hello,
I have a same problem, Can anybody help ? please..
alot of Thanks...

hello i need the solution to store the data to mysql db form pdf plz help

Check if this solution suits you.
I have just googled it. Seems like possible solution.
I am getting some results but not wanted. Try if it will fit your request.

Can i store pdf file's contents to MySQL database as a table,please help me..

Member Avatar for diafol

Why don't you just store the file in a folder and store the filename in a db? I tend to think of it as files go to the filesystem and data goes to the DB. You could end up with a huge amount of data in a table that could become unwieldy by storing files in blob fields. But there may be situations where this is preferrable. How many files are we talking about? Size?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.