I want to create a page that contains all sorts of Variables with values such as Prices, Name of Site, Rates, etc.

I want to create an admin page, that allows the admin to easily edit the values inside this php file. How does this work without the variables being reset to their default values everytime the page is reloaded.

I tried google but wasn't sure what exactly to search for. I'll take anything you can give me. A link to learn more about how to do something like this or even some tips & tricks.

Hello,

What you are talking about is a database. If the server your site is on has php then it probably also has MySQL. A database consists of an organized collection of data for one or more uses, typically in digital form. One way of classifying databases involves the type of their contents, for example: bibliographic, document-text, statistical. Digital databases are managed using database management systems, which store database contents, allowing data creation and maintenance, and search and other access. PHP is used to access the data in the data base and display, add, edit the data from a web browser. You will find a multitude of references to PHP and MySQL and how they work together.

One site that has free tutorials is:
http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql

And there are hundreds of others to choose from.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.