hi all im writing a website for a life insurance agency as a final year project and i need the system to have a mechanism of an online payment system. i have no idea how to create it. could anyone lead me to a tutorial or something which can help. thanking all in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

level as in ?

level as in ?

Programming skills level. Expert, Advanced, Intermediate, NewBee?

little ahead of intermediate i would say. but not at a high advance level. so basically if it was from those choices il go for advanced

little ahead of intermediate i would say. but not at a high advance level. so basically if it was from those choices il go for advanced

Here is my guide to simplify life:
1. [optional but very helpful] Design UseCase diagram to show interactivity of your system components. I have found ArgoUML a good tool to do this.
2. Design your database and relationships. I have found MySQL workbench very helpful and the best, at least for me. From WB you can export sql dumps et al.
3. Design how your interface will look like. You can use even MS word or anything to draw (Even a paper)
4. Design rough interaction of UI, Java Classes/Servlets and Database
5. Implement no 4.
6. Refine your system, adding and removing until you feel it is ready for BETA test ;)

Take a jump and I will be happy to help if you hit a wall

i have designed and implemented the system already. i am at the stage where i am just left with finding a way for the payment system. in other words lets say you have taken a qutation from the online tool given to guest users. after looking at the quotation you wish to secure your insurance so i should guide you to a page where i will feed you to a page of payment options. no how do i prgrame this part as a dummy for my project. As this is not a real life project i dont think i should pay money and intergrate paypal or any other company with my website so id rather program it into the system. that way il have a learning expierience and also have a way to the payment system. any ideas on how to do this would be helpful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.